Seeking Hair Stylists who are passionate about making people look good and feel beautiful as well as being part of a Commission Team based Salon.
Join Metropolis Salon & Dry Bar as one of our Hair Stylist! Stylists provide a full range of hair care services offered by the salon, including cutting, styling, coloring, shampooing and texturizing hair, as well as possible facial waxing. Our Hair Stylists build clientele quickly and create lasting relationships with their clients through our access to extensive education, luxury products, and salon support.
- Current SC Cosmetology or Barber license
- Availability including 10:00 to 7:00 Monday through Friday, and 10:00 - 5:00 Saturdays. Schedule determined upon hiring
- At least 2 years of recent Salon Floor experience in Columbia, SC
- Knowledge of Blow Drying Techniques, Up-Dos, and Special Occasion styling
- Comfortable working in a team based environment, including assisting other stylists
- Ability to provide exceptional client customer service, as a Hair Stylist understanding the client's needs, providing quality consultations and performing services requested in a competent, efficient and professional manner
- Ability to perform opening, running, and closing duties as well as light housekeeping duties
- A great social media presence/portfolio including Instagram and Facebook
- Makeup knowledge and training is a plus
We are excited to add a Stylist Apprentice to our friendly and professional team. If you are passionate, dedicated, good at multi tasking, and goal oriented, then we want to hear from you! With up scale and modern facilities, quality products and a trendy, relaxing atmosphere, we will help you transition from cosmetology school graduate to a licensed hair stylist.
- Must be a SC licensed Cosmetologist or Barber
- Reliable, on-time, responsible, and friendly team player
- Knowledge of salon products/retail
- A mature professional who takes pride in producing quality finishes
- A good communicator with excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated, fast learner, and a problem solver
- Retail experience preferred
- Hospitality or Restaurant experience a plus
In this role you will be working in an up beat and fast paced environment with a professional leader and team who have expansive knowledge in the industry. In return, you will receive in salon education, commission and/or bonuses, as well as access to academy training.
Your duties will include all aspects of hairdressing, including styling, coloring, cutting, shampooing, as well as salon duties and chores.
Operations Team Member
Our Operations Team is looking to expand. We are looking for an individual that is a people person, upbeat, and energetic. You also must be able to multi-task in a FAST paced environment, demonstrate great communication skills, and be computer savvy. You should be a TEAM player, have a smile in your voice and be willing to soar above and beyond. You should also have customer service experience and some retail knowledge.
This is a part time position with the possibility of becoming full time.
- Greet clients arriving at the salon and provide them with the information regarding salon services
- Answer any service related questions
- Ensure that clients are handed over to the correct stylist within the salon
- Answer telephone calls and provide information to callers
- Schedule appointments and make follow up calls to customers to remind them of their appointments
- Handle appointment cancellation and shifting duties
- Collect cash in exchange of services rendered and tender change to customers
- Ask clients for feedback on salon’s services and provide assistance with problems or complaints
- Endorse retail products that the salon is selling by providing information of benefits
- Direct team members to ensure cleanliness, neatness and sanitation of salon and equipment
- Count cash at the end of the shift and ensure that cash flow information has been logged into the salon’s register
- Help take pictures and upload to Social Media accounts